Face #1: The Narrator

I don't really know how to start this other than, hi. I'm Ashley. I'll be your narrator throughout the year, and maybe even after that. Why would I give myself the honor of being your darling narrator? Well, the faces you'll see, hear, or read about will be through my eyes....I also really like Fight Cub... The beauty of a narrator is that I could be totally and completely lying to you, my readers, and you would never know. Narrators are known to be untrustworthy until the plot twist at the end, anyway.

Guess you should learn a little about me before we get started, right? We should establish some trust, shouldn't we?

Well, I'm Ashley, as you already know. I'm a senior in high school (a very stressed one, in fact) and I'm just trying to make it to June in one piece. I'm not really an interesting person, if I'm being honest with you. I'm a film buff, a history junkie, and a reader of the most emotional books I can find. I guess I should also mention I'm a cancer, if anyone was interested, my birthday is July 4th. For the future, I'd like to become an English teacher (secondary education, of course), and teach at Princeton, partly because Arron Burr graduated from there. My dream, however, is to write. I don't really think you can tell now, but I am an avid writer, and I'd really just like to write a screenplay for David Fincher's next movie.

There really isn't much else. In my free time, I play tennis and I run a club called the Future Educators of America. I'm in an academics team, and being a film buff helps our team out tremendously. I have a couple other siblings my same age, but I'm really trying to find a way to define myself in some other way than just that.

I think that might be it. If I forgot to mention anything, you'll probably learn about it at some point. I hope you enjoyed a look into the first face through my eyes. Feel free to leave a comment if you have any questions.

Until next time!
Your darling Narrator,
Ashley

Comments

Popular Posts