Face #2: G.O.A.T USA

Hi everyone! It's your absolutely wonderful narrator back with my first real piece about a face that isn't my own. This past week, my class and I came face to face with the three creators of G.O.A.T. USA. Just some background, G.O.A.T is a clothing brand that mainly targets lacrosse, field hockey, and other similar sports. The company was started in Long Island during the summer of 2016 by Dylan McLaughlin, Rich Alfaro, and T.J. Cristina and has been growing ever since. Here's a little more on our talk.

When we went into it, I really don't think anyone really thought how interesting it might be. Side note: I know a lot of obnoxious classmates of mine that fit into that stereotype of "lacrosse player", so I wasn't exactly enthusiastic when I discovered we'd be talking to people that fit that stereotype almost perfectly. And though they fit that stereotype, they were so interesting to talk to. Learning about their story, how the three of them had known each other long before they started the company, really allowed me to leave the class inspired to create something with my friends as well. Their sheer skill in their business and craft completely amazed me, as I had never really been in contact with relatively younger people that have the ability to complete something as successful as G.O.A.T Overall, it was just an eye-opening experience into the world of retail and business, which I had enjoyed more than I'd like to admit. I'd love to speak to them again, should they ever agree to it. 

PS: we're getting a flag and I couldn't be more excited to hang it up.
Until next time,
Your narrator

Comments

Popular Posts